The ecopolicy of Eksjö Tourist Information Center and STF Eksjö Youth hostel
We have been awarded the eco-label "Svanen" ("the Swan") and we are also part of a network called "Köp miljömärkt" ("Buy what's eco-labelled"). Our environmental work at Eksjö Tourist office and STF Eksjö youth hostel is run as an integrated part of our business and is constantly improved by:
- Always following current rules and regulations concerning our working environment, outer environment, economy, hygiene and health.
- Continually adapting our business to a sustainable development as far as it is technically and economically possible.
- Striving towards diminished resource consumption, increased re-use and increased recycling.
- Informing our co-workers about our impact on the environment, training and comitting them in order to stimulate the whole business to increasingly taking responsible action and to adopting a passionate commitment.
- Increasing our eco-competence and influencing our customers and suppliers through our commitment to environmental issues.
- Contributing to a sustainable development in society and being percieved as a reliable alternative when it comes to environmental work.
Our purchase policy
- We strive to continually augment our selection of products by using eco-labelling as guidance and by prioritizing eco-labelled products when making purchases.
- All purchases for the shop are to tally with the shop's profile when it comes to style and quality.
- We primarily choose eco-labelled products from the local area as far as technically and economically possible. Second after that we choose eco-labelled products from other members of the network "Köp miljömärkt".
- When purchasing cleaning and office material eco-labelled products are always to be prioritized.
- When it comes to travelling and lodging for work, all staff will have to prioritize eco-labelled alternatives. As for lodging and travel, hotels and means of transport that are eco-labelled are to be chosen with some consideration to price, availability and time aspect.